DOLAU DYFI PROJECT
JOB DESCRIPTION – PROJECT OFFICER
Temporary job opportunity – 6 June to 30 Sept 2022
TheDolau Dyfi Project is grant funded by Welsh Government and European Union through the Rural Development Plan Sustainable Management Scheme. It is an exciting Initiative that brings together conservation, farming, access and arts activity to facilitate improved health and well-being. It aims to enhance and create wildflower habitat and provide new opportunities for local people and visitors to get together and help create accessible green spaces linked to these habitats for enjoyment and well-being.
The project has been running for almost three years and is looking for a Project Officer to work for 4 months to complete the project activity, support the monitoring and evaluation of the project and ensure that all work is completed on time and on budget.
The key tasks
- Support the meadows owners already involved in the project and others who have an interest in meadows work to set up a meadows group in the area.
- Support and undertake work to monitor and evaluate the project working closely with external contractors.
- Work with contractors, landowners and local authority access staff to ensure that access improvements works are completed to a high standard and any maintenance issues are addressed
- Coordinate and facilitate the work of the Volunteer Programme working closely with the contractor who is managing the activities
- Support and facilitate the work of the health walks which are arranged each quarter by project partners.
- Support the arts activity and with partners organise the celebration event in the area in early September.
- Provide the Secretariate to the Dolau Dyfi Steering Group
- Manage the budget with the Dolau Dyfi Project Manager and undertake procurement and other financial administration is done in line with the requirements of the funder.
- Any other tasks as agreed with the Project Manager or the Steering Group.
Location: Office space in available in Machynlleth but flexible options can be discussed
Salary: £26,500 (FTE)
Contract Term: 30 June 2022
Experience, Knowledge and Skills we are looking for:
- Relevant qualification and practical experience in land management for nature conservation.
- Knowledge of, and practical experience of farming and livestock management
- Knowledge of the Dolau Dyfi project and what it has achieved to date.
- Experience of delivering ecological monitoring
- Experience of organising and running events
- Experience of promoting activity and celebrating success using on-line tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Welsh
- Excellent inter personal skills that enable you to prioritise, budget for, plan and deliver project activity
- Excellent organisational and administration skills and the ability to meet targets and deadlines, including the ability to use word processing, spread sheets, databases and the internet.
- Report writing skills.
- GIS skills would be an advantage.
Applications and closing date
Please send a CV and covering letter to Julia Korn (Julia.firstname.lastname@example.org ) by Friday 20th May. Interviews will be arranged via zoom the following week.
For further details please contact: Julia Korn: 07421994860 or Jan Sherry: 07421994861
Please email your application to: email@example.com
Closing date: 6pm Friday 20th May
Interviews: w/c 23 May via zoom
Start date: 6th June
IMPORTANT: All correspondence regarding your application will be conducted by email. Please ensure that you supply an email address with which we can contact you within the above time frame.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a temporary job only and the contract will end on 30 September 2022.
Registered address: PONT, C/O Snowdonia Society, Caban, Brynrefail, Caernarfon, LL55 3NR.