Do you walk a dog at Kenfig Dunes National Nature Reserve? We are really pleased to announce the launch of a new phone app which will enable you to track the sheep that are grazing on the dunes. In this way, you can avoid the flock and walk your dog worry-free.
We are hopeful that this app will reduce the amount of dog worrying incidents that occur at Kenfig. As a very popular site for dog walking, unfortunately there has been a history of sheep being injured or even killed by dogs on the nature reserve.
The app is called ‘HoofPrints’ and you can use it by taking the following steps.
- Download the app via PlayStore and sign up using an email address
2) Click on the hamburger menu on the left and choose “All Farms”
3) Then click the (+) icon on the bottom right corner.
4) Input “Kenfig Sheep” (without quotes) as farm name and “313804” (without quotes) as the key.
5) Go back to All Farms and you can see the farm there.
6) Then click on it and you can see the devices on the map. There is a date and time filter, so you can set a specific date and see where the animals have been.
This app has been developed in conjunction with Bridgend County Borough Council, Bridgend Reach and Natural Resources Wales, as part of the Digital Shepherd Project. The app is still in the early stages so please report any issues to us.